Sorry, no matches found.
Cross-search multiple Gale historical newspaper archives with one single search
Gale NewsVault delivers the definitive cross-searching experience for exploring Gale’s range of historical newspaper collections. Users can simultaneously search or browse across the Times Digital Archive, the 17th and 18th Century Burney Collection, the Financial Times Historical Archive, 19th Century US Newspapers, and many more. Providing access to 15 million digitized facsimile pages, Gale NewsVault provides an unparalleled window to the past.
With Gale NewsVault users can: Cross-search over 15 million pages of historic newspapers using a single interface*
- Discover content from the 1600s to the 21st Century; over 400 years
- Browse newspapers by title and by place of publication
- Full-text searchable with hit-term highlighting
Read newspapers cover to cover in full screen, using an advanced image viewer
- Save, print, and bookmark
- Grab, pan, zoom and crop images
Cross-browse all newspapers published on the same date
- Simple navigation from your result to other newspapers from the same day
- Or search by date – see all results for a given day
The window to the pastGale NewsVault provides users with a wealth of material, sometimes from unexpected sources. Take the Panama Canal as an example: you would expect full coverage of this topic in the 19th Century US Newspapers collection. However, there is information on the Panama Canal in almost ALL of our historical newspaper archives - offering unique data and different perspectives and providing students and researchers with a more comprehensive insight into the subject.
Charles Dickens, Illustrated London News, April 08, 1843 on Gale NewsVault
Who has access to Gale NewsVault?All Gale digital archive customers will have complimentary access to Gale NewsVault to access the collections that their institution holds
* Please note - institutions will still have individual archive access. Users can now choose to access one archive or the multiple archives that an institution holds via Gale NewsVault.
|Search this site||