Sorry, no matches found.
Premier portals enhance 21st century learning
Gale’s In Context meets the needs of today’s students by combining
easily searchable, web-like design and functionality with authoritative,
high-quality, media-rich information. Eye-catching, engaging, topical portals –
covering Biography, Canada, Global Issues, Opposing Viewpoints, Science, Student
Resources, U.S. History, and World History – seamlessly integrate the acclaimed
content with media-rich, curriculum-aligned materials that span across core
subjects and 21st century themes.
Easy to Use
- An engaging, web-like interface is easy to use and promotes information
- Tools to bookmark, print, download, e-mail and share online encourage
- Continuously updated, editorially curated topic pages provide an ideal
jumping-off point for the research process.
- Content is organised by type: primary sources, multimedia, newspapers,
magazines, references, and more.
- The site encourages collaboration between media specialists and
teachers in fostering critical thinking and information literacy.
- Article recommendations link to related reference articles within the
- Topic overviews give accurate context to each subject.
- Fact boxes provide a quick overview of biographical and geographical
- On-demand text translation into 12 languages accommodates diverse
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology supports differentiated learning
and those with impaired vision, and can be used in conjunction with text
- MLA7, APA6, and Easy Bib citation tools facilitate understanding of
proper use of copyright materials.
- Search Assist (with “Did You Mean?” functionality) efficiently guides
- Highlights and Notes allow users to select and highlight important
text, add notes, and view, print or export that information.
The In Context platform has recently been enhanced to provide:
- Increased accessibility for people with disabilities like low vision or blindness
- Optimised display and improved user experience on all devices
- A unified user experience across GVRL, InfoTrac and In Context so users spend more time with the content and less time learning navigation and tools
Biography in Context offers authoritative reference
content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources,
videos, audio podcasts, and images.
Canada in Context
integrates Canada’s top resources with the finest Gale reference
materials for a specifically Canadian perspective on a nation and its
Designed to support global awareness and the development of critical thinking and information literacy skills, Global Issues in Context empowers users with the tools they need to understand the issues of today’s world.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context is
the premier online resource covering all sides of today’s hottest
social issues, from capital punishment to immigration, to violent video
Science in Context is an engaging online resource providing contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics.
Student Resources in Context offers cross-curricular content presented in a way most useful for students.
U.S. History In Context provides a complete overview of this country's past through a variety of primary source, news, and multimedia content.
World History in Context provides an overview of
world history that covers the most-studied events, periods, cultures,
civilisations, religions, conflicts, wars, ideologies, cultural
movements, people, and more.
Research In Context is designed to bridge the gap between our Kids InfoBits resource for primary school students and the more subject-specific resources within the In Context family.